Caring for your Timber Product
Keeping your product maintained will ensure it lasts as long as possible and will make sure it stays food safe. Here are the simple steps to maintaining your product;
When you need to clean your product only hand wash, do not place in dishwasher. Use a clean, soft cloth or sponge and wash with warm soapy water. Do not leave any timber product to soak in water as this can cause the timber to swell and/or split.
Reoiling (Once every 2 - 4 weeks)
What You Need
Clean, soft cloth or paper towel
Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, or any other type of Cooking Oil (NOT OLIVE OIL*)
1. Start with a clean board and utensils. Be sure your cutting board and spoons are as clean as possible and thoroughly dry.
2. Apply the oil. Using a clean, soft cloth or paper towel, apply the oil in an even layer over the wood.
3. Let it soak in. Leave the oil to soak in, overnight if possible, or for at least a few hours.
4. Remove the excess. If the board or your spoons feel oily or sticky, buff off any remaining oil with a clean dry cloth or paper towel.
* Olive Oil will begin to go rancid over time and will make the product unsafe for food.
Avoid Direct Sunlight and Excessive Heat
With all timber products it is best to avoid leaving them in Direct Sunlight for extensive periods of time. Leaving them in Direct Sunlight for extensive periods of time may cause the timber to lose its colour.
If exposed to excessive heat some products (Chopping Boards, Cheese Boards, Bowls etc.) may warp and/or cup losing their original shape and may begin to rock.
Correct use of Grinders
Our Grinders use a Danish Mechanism which is designed to only be turned Clockwise, turning it anticlockwise will wear the Mechanisms out quicker as it is going against it.